Thursday, April 5, 2007

Overprogrammed

Boss is seriously overprogrammed.

We do not go to campus on Thursdays, not until Spring semester is over and the Summer session begins, right?

Right?

So today, I am hustled out of my morning nap and led to the car, which could be some adventure for lunch, except that we keep going, and suddenly I am thinking that this is some whacked-out mistake and I should do something about it, but I catch a whiff around Mugu Rock and I'm thinking, okay, I should do something about it after I get my run up Deer Creek.

Which I do.

After Deer Creek.

Boss is so forgetful that we go all the way to campus, and we even go to the restaurant where I customarily get half a steak sandwich.

He still fucking thinks this is Tuesday.

I feel guilty all the way home for not having made a statement earlier.

Monkeys and bears use sticks to get honey out of hives.

I could not care less about honey, but Deer Creek is another matter.

I allow Boss to think this is Tuesday. It is a small thing, really.

No comments: