Friday, July 3, 2009

Spa Time

There is an atmosphere of galvanized energy here as Boss closes in on the completion of his long-time project, calling me over from time to time to read me a passage. I am thinking there might be a book tour of modest sorts, in which I will be asked questions. When did you first become aware that Boss's project was worthwhile? When did he seem most engaged? When did you first have to set him straight? Things they might normally ask me.

I will tell them the truth, about the times I kept coyotes, squirrels, and yes, even dragons away from the house so that Boss could work uninterrupted. I will tell them about the times I offered to let him rub my tummy, just to keep his mind free of clutter and foolish concerns. But for the moment, I fancy some spa time. The McDonald Clinic has what is called a relief bath. I'm up for that.

No comments: