Thursday, July 2, 2009

Associations

True enough. Associations do have an effect on dogs. I am affected and effected by Boss's habits and preoccupations, some of which--particularly teaching--require a bit of hanging out on my part; it is what I call a drowsy tolerance. Dogs know better howto teach, but I cannot imagine Boss biting any of his students, although he does claim to have learned some things about herding from me.

While Boss is at work compiling a huge compendium of concepts, terms, and applications, I have had pause to consider the effects on me. By association with him, things that are him rub off on me to the point where I sometimes wonder--not for too long--where the thing originated, with him or from me. Thus I will have things I do that remind me of him. He has assured me that there are associations with me he will carry forth, Sally things, Sally Times. This is by all accounts a good exchange.

Someone is menacing the walk way and I have to go bark.

No comments: